We develop our business strategy using an iterative process at each of the key levels of our business such that we have:
- a Group strategy
- sector strategies
- business plans to guide the implementation of our sector strategies at a business line level.
Our Group strategy describes markets in which we intend to invest to create sustainable competitive advantage (leading to greater market share and/or higher margins) and deliver on our corporate vision. Our sector level strategies are a detailed view of these markets and are typically broken down by Hydrocarbons, Minerals, Metals & Chemicals and Infrastructure sectors and their corresponding major sub sectors (e.g. LNG, iron ore). At the business line level, we translate our sector strategies into business plans to deliver on the intent of the sector strategies as applicable to each business line. Our business plans map specific near and medium term opportunities or portfolios of opportunities to the strategic themes, to provide clear and tangible targets for the individual business leaders to pursue, win and execute. Overall, our key markets continue to present challenges, including increasing competition and customers delaying committing to new developments. We believe we have taken appropriate steps during FY2015 to realign and position the Group to address these challenging market conditions.
Strategically, our immediate focus is on five strategic themes which are:
- to build a world class consulting business and dominate the early project phases
- to be the global project management consultant or “PMC” providerof choice
- to build a leading major Improve business
- to be the smartest most agile local service provider
- to be the company that leapfrogs the competition in the use of our global delivery center and applies digital technology to revolutionize the delivery of our services.
Further details on the five strategic themes can be found here.